Inspired by Lucy in the Clouds, here’s my week in verbs. I have:
- painted my toenails in preparation for going swimming.
- been swimming to try out my new swimsuit.
- planted some primroses in my garden.
- watched The Hard Problem, the latest Tom Stoppard play, in my local cinema.
- read a book (this is more exciting than it sounds, as my reading mojo has been missing of late): Things I Don’t Want to Know by Deborah Levy. I now want to follow it up by reading Why I Write by George Orwell (to which is is apparently a response) and Swimming Home (also by Deborah Levy, though a novel rather than an autobiographical essay). I own both, but neither were on the train with me and Miss Ranskill Comes Home (Barbara Euphan Todd) was, so I read that.
- walked on the beach to listen to the waves and in the woods to look at the bluebells.
It feels like quite a productive week.